Each month your Sports Officer, Ellis Clark, will be sharing her Club of the Month. Ellis will be shining a light on the great contributions our Sports Teams make to the Sheffield Hallam Univeristy community, and keeping you up-to-date on their latest acheivements.
As we've all been away on our Christmas break for much of December, we've decided to combine the previous two months so that no-one missed out on hearing about our November winner's fantastic work and performance.
Your Sport Officer Club of the Month for November/December is... SHU Snow!
Here's why Ellis chose SHU Snow as her Club of the Month:
- SHU Snow sold enough memberships to make them one of the biggest clubs within the university.
- Having worked very hard to promote and organise their Christmas trip, SHU Snow sold out in record time and have already sold 60% of the places for their Easter trip!
- SHU Snow entered a snowboard team into BUISC for the first time and came 4th beating Uni of Sheffield!
- The mixed ski team came 3rd in round 2 of Kings, which is the highest they’ve ever positioned since the beginning of the club! (Currently 4th in the league)
- The SHU Snow Snowboard team has finished in the top 5 at first 3 Kings events of the year (which we don’t think has ever happened before!).
- SHU Snow championed inclusivity, running 6 different types of training sessions throughout Novmeber to ensure members of all abilities were able to take part.
- Finally, SHU Snow are already busy working in co-operation with Ellis to organise Snowsports Varsity.
Photo Credit: @shusnow
Want to try something new at your SU? Get involved by visiting our What's On pages to find the opportunity for you.