The President is the lead student representative within Hallam Students' Union, and champions the student voice, both to the University, local and national bodies. The successful candidate for this role will have the opportunity to lead the Officer Team, steer the direction of the Union and develop transformative skills.
Salary: Circa £22,000
Location: Sheffield (Hallam Students' Union and Sheffield Hallam University Campuses)
Reports to: Board of trustees, student-led accountability panels
- Provide Leadership and support for the Elected Officer Team, Elected Reps, and non-academic student groups and societies, supporting and empowering them in their work with students.
- Act as a Trustee of the Students' Union, having input into the development and implementation of the Union's strategic and financial plans.
- A figurehead for students, representing their interests with Senior University staff, the National Union of Students and the media.
- Lead campaigns and initiatives to improve the lives of Hallam students.
- Ensure effectiveness, transparency and accountability to students, by attending Union Council meetings, being reactive to student concerns, and raising key issues with the University.
Benefits of applying
- Do something that matters! You will have the chance to push for positive changes to the lives of Hallam students.
- Leadership skills - you will be working with the highest governing boards within the University and sit as a Trustee of the SU. There will also be several opportunities to interview new staff for the organisation!
- Networking - you will lead the Students' Union's Delegation to the NUS National Conference - the world's largest gathering of student leaders.
- Personal development - access to extensive training and development opportunities.
- Full-time salary of approx. Circa £22,000.
Past Presidents have worked on:
- Pushing for a student safety net during COVID-19.
- Reducing the cost of bus fares.
- Improvements to student housing and accommodation.
- Leading important events for Black History Month.
- Environmental sustainability.
- Cost of Living campaigns (£1 Wednesdays & increased bursaries).
Meet your candidates