Disability in Sport
Student Discount Card
Shuttle Bus timetable
Sport at Hallam
Skills & Training
Skills Training Courses
Student Officer Team
Student Advice Centre
Advice and Help
Health, Wellbeing and Personal Safety
How to contact us
Rep of the Month
The Rep of the Month award recognises Course Reps and Department Reps who have gone above and beyond in their role. Students, staff and Reps are welcome to nominate any Rep who is putting extra effort into their role, doing their best to represent everyone and change things for the better. Reps can also nominate themselves!
The winner will recieve a Rep of the Month mug and a £10 Amazon voucher! Nominate below.
Rep of the Month
April Rep of the Month
Brittany is both a Course and Departmnet Rep, and has been awarded the April Rep of the Month awarded for:
- Creating a society in response to students saying they wanted a stronger sense of community on their course.
- Addressing issues regarding elective modules after one failed to run.
In her role, Brittany has enjoyed knowing where students voice's actually go, and understanding all perspectives that comes from being both a Course and Department Rep.
She recommends taking on the position as it allows you to become friendlier with your course mates, grow personal confidence, and an understanding of how your opinion is valued.
Brilliant work, Brittany!
Waleed Dilawar Chughtai
March Rep of the Month
Waleed is an Undergraduate Computer Networks student who has been awarded March's Rep of the Month award. He was nominated for:
- Being a friendly and approachable rep, who is always happy to help.
- For asking the opinions of students directly, making them feel more engaged with their course.
Waleed took on the Course Rep role because he was new to the University and wanted to learn from others whilst gaining leadership skills. Whilst in his role he has changed timetabling after students expressed issues with it, and helped a new lecturer be introduced to the students.
He recommends becoming a Course Rep because of how it allows you to engage with students, especially if you're a fresher, as it gives you the opportunity to make new friends.
February Rep of the Month
Helen is a Postgraduate student studying MSc Mechanical Engineering who has been awarded February’s Rep of the Month award. Helen received multiple nominations for:
- Being really approachable, hardworking and listening to everyone’s opinions to try to help
- Getting the lecture slides put up in advance of the lecture, so people wouldn’t struggle following the content
- Following up on the specifics of assessments so students knew exactly what they were being marked on
- Helping international students to use Blackboard
Helen decided to become a Course Rep as she never got the opportunity during her Undergrad. Skills development and employability was also a motivating factor!
She would recommend the Course Rep position because she has found it rewarding to listen to issues from and help make positive changes to make them happy.
Brilliant work, Helen!
January Rep of the Month
Rob is a Secondary Maths with QTS student who was awarded January's Rep of the Month title! He was nominated for:
- For creating a Course Rep survey, the feedback from which was collated and presented to staff members.
- For taking everyone's concerns on board, and going above and beyond to get them resolved.
- For outstanding and unfailing commitment to the position.
He initially took the position on purely because he was the only one who volunteered, but since then has found it to be incredibly interesting and rewarding, relishing in the opportunity to try and make changes on his course.
He recommends the Course Rep position because of the new skills he's learned throughout it, whilst dealing with different groups of people and collecting feedback.
November Rep of the Month
Sarah is a Psychology student who was awarded November's Rep of the Month title! She was nominated for:
- Creating surveys for both Level 5 and Level 6 Course Reps and putting the feedback into Word documents to send to the other Reps.
- Making a PowerPoint slide ready for the screencasts to deliver the staff comments to students on her course.
- Her approachability and hard-working nature.
Sarah took on the Course Rep role as a way of building her confidence and to promote student voice. Since becoming a rep, she has gathered and sent feedback to meetings, and even won the Course Rep of the Year Award last year. Some of the feedback she has collected has been used by staff members to alter modules for the better for future students.
She recommends the Course Rep role for the increased responsibility it gives students and how it can improve your confidence when speaking infront of others.
Keep up the fantastic work, Sarah!
October Rep of the Month
Hollie is a Science and Education with QTS student who was awarded October's Rep of the Month title! She was nominated for:
- Improving lecture times and making them more worthwhile.
- Helping with placements and the running of that scheme.
- Making staff aware of social issues students may be having that could impact their studying.
She decided to keep her role as Course Rep in her third year after taking the position in her first and second years too, and because of how she wishes to look after people, particularly considering how tight-knit her course is.
Hollie recommends the Course Rep programme as a way of learning more about University processes, whilst also believing it to be productive for the reps themselves as it teaches you how to prioritise and negotiation skills. It's also a great way to get involved, Hollie believes.