TASTER CLASSES ARE NOW FOR SALE
Add yourself to our members group on Facebook once you have purchased your membership!
*All up to date information and the best way to contact us is through this group*
We are a NON-PROFIT society, run by a committee of volunteers. Please bare with us and make the most of our hard work to keep this society running and help you to enjoy it!
Coronvirus Updates and FAQ's
Here we will be posting updates on our activities, events, classes etc. as we react in line with union advice and government guidlines. Please check back regulalry.
1. Once purchased a membership, you will be sent a link for a Health Questionnaire and a document covering the rules following the coronavirus guidelines, please sign both before attending a class.
2. Track and Trace will be in place using our online booking system. Please notify the Society and/or Studio if you have symptons or have been tested positive for Covid 19 within 14 days of attending class.
3. Eve has the stutio set up following Government Guidelines to ensure the Health and Safety of all students and instructors are protected. This means there will be a maximum of 5 students per class (1 per pole) for the foreseeable.
4. There will be a 15 minute break between classes to clean down the studio and poles. Please wait outside the studio until the instructor calls you in, you may want to wear a mask if waiting in the corridor. Hand sanitiser will be available. We will also ask each student to wash their hands before and after the class.
5. Where possible please bring your own, clean pole cloth and grip aids, each pole will have their own box for cleaning the poles, however personal items must be brought by the student where possible. Please keep bags and outerwear to a minimum in the studio - only bring what you need and ideally have your pole wear on underneath your clothes.
5. Please maintain social distance guidelines when waiting outside the studio or when inside the studio. Due to social distancing the instructors are unable to spot, so please pole safely and only carry out moves you feel you are strong and able to do.
1. Welcome Weeks this year are between Monday 21st September and Friday 2nd October 2020.
2. Taster Classes are now for sale to new members only. New members are able to buy 1 standard class and 1 sexy or lyrical routine class across the 2 weeks. If places have not been filled 24 hours before the class it will be made available for further bookings and current members.
1. As we know the Varsity Competition had been cancelled and this will not be rescheduled. Any other events will be pencilled in and confirmed as and when we can.
2. In place of Varsity, we will be holding our Virtual Varsity Showcase where the performers completed recorded routines will be available to watch. The showcase will start 21st September 2020. Please see the below event page on Facebook.
1. Covid requirements are changing weekly, however, we plan on introducing Social Bubbles of 6 on our first social for you to make friends with and stick with throughout different socials. We will also be providing face masks and sanitiser and enforcing social distancing where possible.
2. Our first social to be Wednesday 30th September to welcome freshers and say welcome back to the rest. Please see the Facebook page for the event details.
*You can purchase your membership and join us at any time of the year!*
*Membership required before purchasing classes!*
Monday 7.15pm-8.15pm Eve
Tuesday 4.45pm-5.45pm Eve
Wednesday 3.45pm-4.45pm Jenni
Thursday 4.45pm-5.45pm Eve
Thursday 8.30pm-9.30pm *Heels Class with Jenni
Friday 5-6pm Sasha
Frisday 6.15pm-7.15pm *Lyrical Class with Sasha
All classes are £5!!!!
£1 TASTER CLASSES WILL RUN FROM 28TH SEPTEMBER FOR 2 WEEKS TO NEW MEMBERS ONLY!
Please purchase your spot on the website before attending or you will not be allowed to pole!
Once a class has been bought it cannot be swapped to a different day/week. If you are unable to make it to a class then please feel free to post it onto the facebook page or members chat where another member may buy the place off you, we are unfortunately unable to offer refunds on classes. The society committee and students union will not be responsible for the swapping of classes between members, including the payment.
Butterfly Fitness Studio
49a Valley Road
Sheffield, S8 9FT
The studio is located in a courtyard, behind a black gate next to a red door, if the gate/door is closed please message the pole chat or call Eve (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday) - 07977 135870 Jenni (Wednesday or Thursday) - 07411067260 and Sasha (Friday) - 07852 933579. Once through the gate/door go across to the right hand side of the courtyard, and the studio is located up some black metal stairs. There are internal blue shutters on the windows.
Why Join Pole Fitness?
The Hallam Union Pole society aims to provide a fun way to get fit, toned, and flexible. We offer:
Classes - 5 days a week, no requirements and all abilities welcome
Competing - we do showcases, varsity and road trips to pole competitions
Socialising - weekly and fortnightly socials, including themed and joint socials and Sports Tour!
Photoshoots - with professional photographers at our studio
We welcome everyone regardless of gender or body type. We provide frequent classes with a great atmosphere and excellent teaching standards. We are a welcoming, encouraging and mutually empowering society where friends are easily made. Hallam Union Pole have been awarded:
**Best Collaboration Societies Awards May 2020**
Society of the Month December 2019
Society of the Month April 2019
Soceity Event of the Month April 2019
Sheffield Pole Fitness Varsity 2018 Winners!
Best Event 2017 and 2016
Most Improved Society of the year 2014.
Best New Society 2013
Facebook: Hallam Union Pole
What does pole fitness look like?
I don't think I am fit enough
We have one answer to that! Pole is for ALL shapes and sizes.