At Cavendish Cancer Care they support both people with a cancer diagnosis and their families and friends who are affected by it. Their support is available whenever needed through diagnosis, treatment, remission, recurrence, end-of-life care, and bereavement. Their support is always free of charge, and volunteers are essential to ensure that they can continue to do so.
Much of their work is delivered at the Tim Pryor Centre in the heart of Sheffield, which provides a warm and welcoming space to maximise the effectiveness of the support they provide.
They provide emotional, physical, and practical support through a range of therapies including acupuncture, aromatherapy, counselling, hypnotherapy, massage, reflexology, shiatsu and more. They also have a dedicated Children and Young People’s Service.
Due to the changes Cavendish Care have made because of Covid !9, they require volunteers who can help with their website, Facebook and other social media platforms.
This role will allow you to gain and share your experience in creating content for posting across multiple platforms and supporting Cavendish Cancer Care in all areas of marketing. Some examples of these are:
• Helping to maintain social media platforms including designing promotional content.
• Promoting fundraising events
• Participating in and contributing to future team meetings.
• Be involved in the creation, designing and implementation of campaigns and projects.
You would be volunteering from home, but there may be opportunity in the future to volunteer from the Tim Pryor centre.
As a volunteer you will be supporting the work of the marketing and fundraising team. You will be part of a team responsible for raising the profile of, and funds for, the charity that provides vital support for people in Sheffield.
Time to be agreed, flexible arrangements available.
· You will get a proper introduction to the how the organisation works and your role.
· Before you start we will provide any training you need so that you feel confident to carry out your role.
· You will always have a named member of staff that is your line manager.
• Organisational skills
• Time Management
• Attention to detail
• Digital Creativity
• Real insight into healthcare and charity sector
This is a great opportunity for those thinking of a career in the not for profit or voluntary sector.
We will also provide you with a reference for your future job applications.
It would be great but not essential to have experience of social media and writing on the various social platforms; be able to work to deadlines; be proactive, creative and positive in their approach.
· You will never have to be out of pocket when you volunteer at the centre and always be able to claim expenses.
To apply for this volunteering role please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about the accessibility of this volunteering role; or any questions in general, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
If you are interested in the opportunity please email the Volunteering team at email@example.com who will be able to get you started!
Want to volunteer virtually? Check out our Virtual Volunteering Opportunities here
If you have any questions about any of our Volunteering Opportunities just email the volunteering team at firstname.lastname@example.org and don’t forget to log your volunteering hours to achieve volunteering awards.