Yorkshire Sculpture Park
The Hubs, Paternoster Row, S1 2QQ
Saturday 17th October- 10.00am- 15:30.pm
Join us for a day out exploring one of the UK's biggest outdoor sculpture exhibitions with over 80 sculptures at any time.
Yorkshire Sculpture Park opened in 1977 and has been showcasing contemporary art and sculptures ever since, the park attracts thousands of visitors all year round.
The park is free to enter and therefore your ticket fee will contribute towards the travel costs.
The sculpture park is run from car parking charges, commercial outlet sales and donations. There are donations points situated around the park if you wish to make a donation on the day or why not purchase some guilt free cake knowing the profits from the sale are going to support the park.
This trip is ideal for societies, students and families welcome.
The trip will run with a 10.00am departure from The HUBS, Paternoster Row. We will arrive at Yorkshire Sculpture Park around 10.30am. You will then have 4 hours to explore and enjoy all that the park has to offer. You are expected to be at the meeting point at the end of the day for 15.00pm, ready to travel back to with an arrival time at 15:30pm.
What's included with my ticket?
Your ticket includes transport to and from Yorkshire Sculpture Park.
A member of staff will be present on the day, but you will be left to your own devices for the day.
Attendees are responsible for bringing their own face masks and hand sanitiser. Admission will not be granted without and tickets will not be refunded.
Spaces are limited on this trip to enable attendees to social distance from one another on the coach.
Please note if you are purchasing more than one ticket you will be expected to sit together.
Instructions for Ticket Holders
- Arrive at the pickup location as stated on your ticket 15 minutes prior to the departure time.
- Have your ticket ready for inspection. If you bought your ticket online, please ensure you have access to the email receipt.
- Please be dressed appropriately for the weather conditions, this is a primarily outdoor attraction.
- Be advised that the coaches will be leaving promptly at the coach pick up point at the time detailed above.
N.B. Our coaches will not wait for you if you are late. They will leave in the morning at the pick-up point and stated time, and again the departure point on time. If you miss the return coach, you will be responsible for making your own way back to Sheffield.
What do I need to bring?
It is very important that you bring your ticket to show that you had paid for the trip.
We would also advise all attendees be prepared and bring the following:
- Appropriate clothing for the weather on the day. A coat, umbrella, hat, scarf and gloves would probably be smart.
- Any spending money you want
- A rucksack
- A bottle of water
- Any medication you require.
We would also advise you to bring a small packed lunch, even if you plan on buying food when you get there.
Terms and Conditions
Tickets, Cancelations, Refunds and Adverse Weather Conditions
- All tickets once sold are strictly non-refundable in all circumstances except where a trip is cancelled by Sheffield Hallam Students' Union. Notifications of cancellations will be given on social media and email where available.
- Adverse weather conditions which may jeopardise the safety of the trip, will result in the cancelation of the trip. Thereupon a full refund and options to reschedule will become available accordingly.
- Students must be on time at the meeting point or coach will leave without them. This is the case both leaving and returning.
Expected Conduct and Liabilities
- Please observe the instructions of the trip leader and follow all reasonable instructions. Our staff and guides are there to keep you safe!
- We advise against you taking expensive or sentimental belongings on these trips. Sheffield Hallam Students’ Union cannot be held liable or responsible for any lost or damaged property.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. I've bought a ticket, but can't go anymore. Can I get a refund?
A. I'm afraid not. This is a non-refundable ticket. Please make sure you're free before you sign up
Q. What time we will get back to Sheffield?
A. We will be departing at 15:30pm. If we do not hit any server traffic, we should be back in Sheffield for 16:00pm. The journey time is 30 minutes.
Q. Are non-students allowed to attend the trip?
A. Yes, family and friends are welcome to attend trips, however we can only subsidise trips for current Sheffield Hallam Students and they must be accompanied by a fully registered Sheffield Hallam Student.