Manchester Christmas Markets
Sunday 1st December -10.00am- 19.00pm
Join us for a day out exploring one of the UK's biggest Christmas markets with 8 different markets and over 150 stalls and shops. Shop till you drop and explore the 9 different Christmas markets from all around the world Manchester has to offer along with the Arndale shopping centre. This is a great way to complete your Christmas shopping.
The markets are free to enter and therefore your ticket fee will contribute towards the travel costs.
This trip is ideal for societies, students and families welcome.
The trip will run with a 10.00am departure from The HUBS, Paternoster Row. We will arrive in Manchester around 11.30am. You will then have the day to explore and enjoy all that Manchester has to offer. You are expected to be at the meeting point at the end of the day for 17.15pm, ready to travel back to with an arrival time at 19:00pm.
What's included with my ticket?
Your ticket includes transport to and from Manchester
A member of staff will be present on the day, but you will be left to your own devices for the day.
Instructions for Ticket Holders
- Arrive at the pickup location as stated on your ticket 15 minutes prior to the departure time.
- Have your ticket ready for inspection. If you bought your ticket online, please ensure you have access to the email receipt.
- Please be dressed appropriately for the weather conditions, this is a primarily outdoor attraction.
- Be advised that the coaches will be leaving promptly at the coach pick up point at the time detailed above.
N.B. Our coaches will not wait for you if you are late. They will leave in the morning at the pick-up point and stated time, and again the departure point on time. If you miss the return coach, you will be responsible for making your own way back to Sheffield.
What do I need to bring?
It is very important that you bring your ticket to show that you had paid for the trip.
We would also advise all attendees be prepared and bring the following:
- Appropriate clothing for the weather on the day. A coat, umbrella, hat, scarf and gloves would probably be smart.
- Any spending money you want
- A rucksack
- A bottle of water
- Any medication you require.
We would also advise you to bring a small packed lunch, even if you plan on buying food when you get there.
Terms and Conditions
Tickets, Cancelations, Refunds and Adverse Weather Conditions
- All tickets once sold are strictly non-refundable in all circumstances except where a trip is cancelled by Sheffield Hallam Students' Union. Notifications of cancellations will be given on social media and email where available.
- Adverse weather conditions which may jeopardise the safety of the trip, will result in the cancelation of the trip. Thereupon a full refund and options to reschedule will become available accordingly.
- Students must be on time at the meeting point or coach will leave without them. This is the case both leaving and returning.
Expected Conduct and Liabilities
- Please observe the instructions of the trip leader and follow all reasonable instructions. Our staff and guides are there to keep you safe!
- We advise against you taking expensive or sentimental belongings on these trips. Sheffield Hallam Students’ Union cannot be held liable or responsible for any lost or damaged property.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. I've bought a ticket, but can't go anymore. Can I get a refund?
A. I'm afraid not. This is a non-refundable ticket. Please make sure you're free before you sign up
Q. What time we will get back to Sheffield?
A. We will be departing at 18:30pm. If we do not hit any server traffic, we should be back in Sheffield for 19:00pm. The journey time is 1.5 hours..
Q. Are non-students allowed to attend the trip?
A. Yes, family and friends are welcome to attend trips, however we can only subsidise trips for current Sheffield Hallam Students and they must be accompanied by a fully registered Sheffield Hallam Student.
Q. What is included in a Family ticket?
A. A family ticket can either be 2 Students and 2 Non- Students or 1 Student and 3 Non-Students.