Join us for a trip to Leeds for Light Night Leeds, this is one of the UK’s largest annual arts and light festivals. Over two special nights the city centre is transformed by spectacular light projections, interactive artworks and captivating performances by local, national and international artists. On Light Night you will discover over 50 arts events across ten zones in the city centre; from large-scale light projections and interactive artworks, to music, dance and street performances. This year Light Night Leeds celebrates the themes of Mind, Body, and Spirit.
This trip is open to all students, societies and students may also bring up to 2 non-student guests.
The trip will run with a 17.00pm departure from The HUBS, Paternoster Row. We will arrive in Leeds, Sheffield around 18.00pm. You will then have at 4 hours to explore the city, shop, eat, drink and not to mention and take in the light spectacular. You are expected to be at the meeting point at the end of the trip for 22:00pm.
Tickets for this trip are priced as,
What's included with my ticket?
Your ticket includes transport to and from Leeds.
A member of staff will be present on the day however they will not be running a guided trip around Leeds. All attendees are free to explore the city as they wish.
Instructions for Ticket Holders
- Arrive at the pickup location as stated on your ticket 15 minutes prior to the departure time.
- Have your ticket ready for inspection. If you bought your ticket online, please ensure you have access to the email receipt.
- Please be dressed appropriately for the weather conditions and be aware this event is primarily outdoors.
- Be advised that the coaches will be leaving promptly at the coach pick up point at the time detailed above.
N.B. Our coaches will not wait for you if you are late. They will leave in the morning at the pick-up point and stated time, and again the departure point on time. If you miss the return coach, you will be responsible for making your own way back to Sheffield.
What do I need to bring?
It is very important that you bring your ticket to show that you had paid for the trip.
We would also advise all attendees be prepared and bring the following:
- Appropriate clothing for the weather on the day. A coat, umbrella, hat, scarf and gloves would probably be smart.
- Any spending money you want
- A rucksack
- A bottle of water
- Any medication you require.
We would also advise you to bring a small packed lunch, even if you plan on buying food when you get there.
Terms and Conditions
Tickets, Cancelations, Refunds and Adverse Weather Conditions
- All tickets once sold are strictly non-refundable in all circumstances except where a trip is cancelled by Sheffield Hallam Students' Union. Notifications of cancellations will be given on social media and email where available.
- Adverse weather conditions which may jeopardise the safety of the trip, will result in the cancelation of the trip. Thereupon a full refund and options to reschedule will become available accordingly.
- Students must be on time at the meeting point or coach will leave without them. This is the case both leaving and returning.
Expected Conduct and Liabilities
- Please observe the instructions of the trip leader and follow all reasonable instructions. Our staff and guides are there to keep you safe!
- We advise against you taking expensive or sentimental belongings on these trips. Sheffield Hallam Students’ Union cannot be held liable or responsible for any lost or damaged property.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. I've bought a ticket, but can't go anymore. Can I get a refund?
A. I'm afraid not. This is a non-refundable ticket. Please make sure you're free before you sign up
Q. What time we will get back to Sheffield?
A. We will be departing Leeds at 22:00pm. If we do not hit any server traffic, we should be back in Sheffield for 23:00pm. The journey time is 60 mins.