Union Voice

your experience matters

We've created a brand-new feedback platform to allow you to quickly tell us what you think because your experience matters. It's called Union Voice.

Share your experience

It only takes a minute to tell us your feedback and, although we always promote speaking to your Course or Department Rep first, this is another way that you can make your opinions heard. Whether you have something positive to say or something you want to see improved, Union Voice is your place to tell us.

Trending topics on Union Voice

Wondering what we do with your feedback?

We're sharing the trending topics raised by students via Union Voice and what we're doing on your behalf, based on your feedback.

View trending topics

Only the Students' Union will see your feedback and, as a team, decide the best way forward. If you agree, we might also share your non-anonymous feedback with your Course or Department Rep, depending on what you tell us.


What type of feedback can I share on Union Voice?

You can tell us about anything that is related to your experience as a student at Sheffield Hallam! Whether it is something you think is going well or something that needs to be improved, we want to hear about it.

What can't Union Voice do?

We cannot guarantee we are able to fix any issues you might have, particularly if your issues relate to specific course experiences. We will provide additional resources and share collective feedback with individuals and teams that will be able to make effective change. We recommend that you also speak to your Course or Department Rep for specific course experiences, as well as sharing via Union Voice.


We will also not be able to help with any immediate queries or risk of harm. You should call 999 for an emergency.

I would like to report an incidence of sexual violence, harassment, abuse or hate crime that I have been involved in or witnessed. Can Union Voice help me?

Union Voice is for gathering feedback from students about their university experience. If you or someone you know has experienced or witnessed sexual violence, harassment, abuse or hate crime, you can report via Report & Support. You can choose to report either anonymously or with personal details to get support from an adviser.

I need urgent help! Can Union Voice help me?

We cannot help with any immediate queries or risk of harm. Depending on what you need urgent help with, please contact either:

  • For queries related to your university experience, please contact Hallam Help
  • For serious immediate risk, please contact 999