Health services

General Health 

Register with a GP 

You should register with a GP as soon as you arrive at Hallam, it's quick and free. The Sheffield Hallam University Medical Centre is based at City Campus on level 2 of the Surrey building. You can find more information here.

Student Wellbeing

Wellbeing is fundamental to you being healthy, fulfilled and content, which in turn helps you become a successful student. Student Wellbeing provides information and advice to support your wellbeing.

Disabled Student Support

Disabled Student Support helps over 4,000 students each year who have a variety of conditions. Their disability specialists can answer all types of disability enquiries, assess support needs and provide support packages.

Sporting and Non-sporting Injuries 

The Minor Injuries Unit provides treatment for adults (over 16) for non-life threatening injuries or illnesses, things like sprains, burns and infections (just be aware that they don’t treat chest, back, hips or thigh injuries for these you would need to go to Accident and Emergency) 

Prescription Charges

Help with health costs is a service provided by the NHS called the Low Income Scheme. There are specific criteria which you must meet to be able to access this support.  The Student Union Advice Service can help students who would like to know more about this.


Once you arrive here in Sheffield it is also good to register with a dentist, you can search by postcode and call your local service to see if they can add you to their register.