On Campus and HUBS room capacities are still TBC, no room bookings can be made. In the first instance PLAN TO RUN YOUR EVENTS ONLINE.
If you feel that you would like to explore the possibility of holding a face to face event, the Union will be following the latest Government guidance which states:
People should continue to socially distance from those they do not live with wherever possible. You can’t socialise with anybody outside of your household or support bubble in any indoor setting, whether at home or in a public place. You must not socialise in a group of more than 6 outside, including in a garden or other spaces like beaches or parks (other than where specific exemptions apply in law).
- Ensure that you have appropriate PPE such as face masks available or suggest that participants bring their own.
- Ensure that where necessary each participant uses their own equipment and if equipment must be shared, conduct a thorough clean.
Before proceeding please contact your supporting member of staff to discuss your proposal, next steps will then include:
You must complete a Covid-19 risk assessment for each event/ activity you hold. Template found here. – This risk assessment should be emailed to email@example.com within at least 2 weeks of the event date. A decision will be emailed to you within 2 working days.
If your event is able to proceed, the following guidelines need to be adhered to:
-Ensure you track which of your members attend events or activities so that in the event of a participant contracting COVID19, you can inform those who many have been in contact with them. Template found here.
- In the unfortunate event that a member contracts Covid-19, this must be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours of the Project receiving notification.
- If equipment is required, this shall be decided upon a case by case basis.
IF ANY OF THESE GUIDELINES ARE NOT ADHERED TO, THE UNION HOLD NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE EVENT/ACTIVITY IN QUESTION.
If your Project operates its activities through the use of an external organisation/setting, please follow the following guidelines:
- Ask for a copy of the organisations/settings current risk assessment and email it to email@example.com. If this is not possible:
- Work alongside the Volunteering Team to complete a Covid-19 risk assessment for each event/ activity you hold. Template found here - This risk assessment should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adhere to the organisations/setting and Government guidelines.
- Ensure you track which of your members attend activities so that in the event of a participant contracting COVID19, you can inform those who many have been in contact with them. Template found here.
AS GOVERNMENT AND UNIVERSITY GUIDELINES CHANGE INFORMATION WILL BE RELEASED AS THIS BECOMES AVAILABLE.