Make uni the best years of your life with marrow! - A society that helps save lives.
We are a student-run branch of Anthony Nolan, a charity which matches patients with blood cancers and disorders to donors all over the world who can give them a life-saving stem cell transplant. There aren't enough donors on the register, so that’s where we come in. We run events at the union’s, both SHU and UoS campuses, halls, festivals, pride (loads of really fun events!) where we get people to join the stem cell register.
How Marrow will benefit you:
- Charity work looks good on your CV - Increases professional development.
- We are flexible - no minimum time requirements, you can do an hour here and there.
- We get to go to lots of fun events - Festivals, fairs, sporting events, etc.
- You learn valuable transferable skills - It’s all about going out and talking to the public, explaining things well: it really improves your communication skills A LOT.
- Marrow can help you get into medical school, get scientific, management jobs/placements.
- There's something for everyone - donor recruitment, fundraisers, and lots of socials throughout the year.
- Make new friends from both SHU and UoS
- We save lives - The most important reason. You will have a direct impact on peoples lives, each person you register could save someone's life.
You can join our society now by requesting to join our Sheffield Marrow Volunteers private group ( www.facebook/groups/sheffieldmarrowvolunteers ). Here we post all of our upcoming events which you can get involved in. You should also purchase your free membership on the right side of this page.
Here is a look at what is coming up very soon...
• New volunteer intro talk and training:
- Arts tower LT07 18:00-20:00:
Tuesday 1st October
Thursday 3rd October
Tuesday 8th October
Thursday 10th October
Wednesday 2nd October - Owen 1031
Wednesday 9th October - Owen 1029
(Look our for the sign up sheets to be released on the Sheffield Marrow Facebook page - spaces will go fast so be quick!)
• Sheffield Students’ Union Clinic, Thursday 17th October, 10:00-17:00. Our first clinic!
• Corp social - 23rd October
We can’t wait to meet our new marrowers and all of our other volunteers after a long summer break.
What are we up to?
There are no current news articles.
No elections are currently running
You decide - cast your vote