By completing the Hallam Award you will be able to see how, through extra-curricular activities, you are using the very skills that employers want you to demonstrate. This could include skills like leadership, organisation, teamwork and influencing skills – skills that can be used in many different jobs.
The Hallam Award focuses on you writing reflectively about your skills development, this is a useful tool in helping you to practice how you might explain to future employers exactly how these experiences have helped you to become more employable.
Employers are increasingly keen to see evidence of skills development from graduate job applicants. The Hallam Award demonstrates that you are able to reflect on and articulate what you have to offer and the commitment to get involved. The Hallam Award is a great way of you getting recognition for being involved in extra-curricular activities.
- It is a record of what you have achieved and the skills you have developed.
- It enhances your CV, job application and interview technique.
- Your award is announced at graduation and printed in the graduation booklet.
- You will receive a certificate signed by the Students' Union President.
- You can apply to be a life member of Sheffield Hallam Students' Union for FREE (more info about Life Membership here)
Download our Hallam Award leaflet for further information below: