The Hallam Award is open to any Sheffield Hallam University students' who are involved in extra-curricular activites delivered by the Students’ Union, Sheffield Hallam University and community organisations.
Students' Union extra-curricular activities:
- ALL volunteering roles (e.g. Part-time Reps, sport and society committee members)
- Casual Student Staff members (any paid work through the Students' Union e.g. Casual Helpdesk Assistants)
- Social Enterprise activity i.e. Inoovation Awards
University extra-curricular activities:
- ALL volunteering roles (e.g. Placement Reps, Peer Assisted Leaders, SBS Student Executive Reps)
- Casual Student Staff members (paid work through the University e.g. Student Ambassadors)
- Any Work Placements
- ALL SHU GoGlobal Projects (including Culture Connect, ICE Club part-time work, Global Friends, Conversation Club, SHU Fest and Social Activators)
- Venture Matrix projects
- Enterprise activity
Other extra-curricular activities:
- Volunteering with community organisations.
- Part time work
- Self-directed activities i.e. writing a blog
* If there is something not listed here please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for clarification
WHAT'S NOT ALLOWED
- Using any activities that are part of your course/module.
Verification of activities
ALL activities used for the Hallam Award that are external to the Students' Union and university, such as, volunteering with community organisations, will need to be verified. It will be the students' responsibility to supply the Hallam Award team with this verification upon submitting their final submission. Verifications will be submitted electronically via an upload function along with the student's forms.