Aged 25 and under?
Artist, performer, musician, actor, dancer?
Turn your passion into an Award recognised by the Arts Council. It is open to any student (aged 16-25) who is active in the arts (whether that is central to your studies or an additional interest).
How to achieve your Gold Arts Award
We can support you to achieve a Gold Arts Award at Hallam Students' Union. The Arts Award is recognised by the Arts Council, it increases your employability and is a great way to further your arts practice. Click here for a short film about how it works.
Part One: Personal Arts Development
- Extend your arts practice by exploring another arts area - working with another artist or arts practitioner
- Develop your skills within the arts sector – through work experience, placements, volunteering
- Research and review the work of other artists and creatives.
- Form a view about an issue in the arts world – your chance to voice your opinions!
Part Two: Leadership project
- Your arts leadership project leads to a public showing. You get to decide what it is, when, where and how big. You will learn lots about managing resources and people.
- Your Arts Award portfolio will capture your progress, useful for interviews and jobs.
- CV info: Gold Arts Award Explore is a Level 3 qualification, and takes about 90 hours to complete.
Examples of what previous Hallam Students have done
You can read a couple of great case studies on how students have become involved in the Arts Award and what they gained from it.
If you are interested in taking part then contact Abi Goodman, Skills & Training Coordinator - A.Goodman@shu.ac.uk