This role is to undertake minor maintenance works on the trails, mostly on a bike on the Peak District Trails at Parsley Hay and Tissington Trails
· Cycle patrol
· Minor cutting back of trees and scrubs
· Litter picking
· Keeping the trails clear
· Cleaning and checking trail signage
· Minor drainage works
· Reporting bigger jobs to the Ranger team
· Engaging with the public (answering questions, giving directions)
Various Locations in the Peak District
Helping others to make a difference to improve the National Park.
Once a month, 3-4 hours
· Being part of a friendly and dedicated team
· Learning new skills and gain experience working for environmental organisation
· passing on your skills and experience
· Keeping active in the outdoors
•Ability to ride a bike
•Like interacting with the public and other people
•Basic knowledge of trails and Peak District National Park
•Interest in the countryside and nature conservation
Travel expenses will be reimbursed
To apply for this volunteering role please email email@example.com
If you have any questions about the accessibility of this volunteering role; or any questions in general, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
If you are interested in the opportunity please email the Volunteering team at firstname.lastname@example.org who will be able to get you started!
Want to volunteer virtually? Check out our Virtual Volunteering Opportunities here
If you have any questions about any of our Volunteering Opportunities just email the volunteering team at email@example.com and don’t forget to log your volunteering hours to achieve volunteering awards.