IDAS is the largest specialist charity in Yorkshire supporting anyone experiencing or affected by domestic abuse or sexual violence.
Our services include refuge accommodation, community-based support, peer mentoring, group work and access to a free, confidential out of hours’ helpline.
Our teams of accredited specialist workers (IDVA’s and ISVAs) support people through the criminal justice system in addition to providing emotional support and safety planning advice.
There are variouse roles that you can get involved with, these include
• Provide emotional and listening support for survivors of domestic abuse and sexual violence.
• Submit a summary of the support provided for case management systems
• Telephone Support
• Responsible for organising client information and contacting client’s for service feedback.
• Provide client telephone contact where practitioners are not able to make contact
• Generate individual (on personal accounts) and support IDAS’s social media accounts and pages
• Provide Group administrative support that includes registering clients to a group, sending out group session reminders and any other administrative tasks for running a group successfully
Practical Security Item Deliveries
• Delivery Target Hardening (Security Items) to clients to support the Sanctuary Scheme programme for survivors of domestic abuse
Court and Helpline
• Support clients and practitioners in the Specialist Domestic Abuse Court and in the civil court proceedings where applicable.
• Support practitioners and staff on the Helpline and Online Chat for survivors of domestic abuse and sexual violence.
Sheffield or Barnsley
Supporting Survivors of Domestic and Sexual Abuse
Minimum 4 hours per week for 6 months
Experience Supporting Vulnerable Victims of Domestic and Sexual Abuse
Remote Volunteering Opportunities
Telephone Support Training
Highly Organised and Excellent Administrative Skills to Submit Client Records
Attention to Detail
Basic mental health awareness/understanding
Understanding of Risk Assessments
Travel expenses will be reimbursed
To apply for this volunteering role please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about the accessibility of this volunteering role; or any questions in general, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
If you are interested in the opportunity please email the Volunteering team at email@example.com who will be able to get you started!
Want to volunteer virtually? Check out our Virtual Volunteering Opportunities here
If you have any questions about any of our Volunteering Opportunities just email the volunteering team at firstname.lastname@example.org and don’t forget to log your volunteering hours to achieve volunteering awards.